By providing this data to on the ERIC NE online recording Portal, you or your organisation agree to the below Terms and Conditions of Use.
By providing this information, you confirm that:
(a) the content is yours, or you have the permission of the owner to agree to this usage, and
(b) you agree for us to use it for educational and non-commercial use.
By sharing your wildlife sightings with us, you grant permission for ERIC North East to use the records you provide including personal information (e.g. Name) to assist with the acquisition of knowledge about the natural environment. This means that your record may:
- Be publicly visible on the ERIC North East website.*
- Be collated into a database of public sightings and incorporated into a range of derivative works
- Be shared with others interested in the research and conservation of the natural environment. Data users who may request access to ERIC NE data holdings are: Government Organisations, Local Authorities, Ecological Consultancies, Conservation Organisations (e.g. Wildlife Trust), Academic researchers, Members of the Public and Experts for the purposes of ecological decision making. Your name will be shared to provide provenance and quality to the biological record.
- Please be aware that spatial data will be shared at the supplied resolution, this may lead to personal information incidentally being supplied (e.g. a high resolution Grid Reference at your home may mean your property/address could be assumed). By supplying this information to ERIC NE, you agree for the information to be supplied to third parties at the provided resolution. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to know how to reduce the resolution of your grid references.
- You have the right to ask us at any time to request the personal information we hold on you.
- You have the right to ask us to remove your personal information at any point, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to do this.
You understand that your name cannot always be credited with all uses of the data, but your authorship will be acknowledged where appropriate.
*(for sensitive species, records can be blurred to a lower resolution)